1. Brown Art Ink was founded by Amanda Figueroa and Ravon Ruffin in 2018.
2. Brown, Adrienne Maree. Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds. Chico, CA: AK Press, 2017.
3. Lorde, Audre. Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches. Berkeley: Crossing Press, 2007.
4. Laneri, Raquel. "Why We Love--And Need--Public Art." Forbes. July 11, 2012. Accessed July 31, 2019.
5. Levinas, Emmanuel, and Philippe Nemo. Ethics and Infinity: Conversations with Philippe Nemo. Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press, 2011.
8. González, Jennifer A. Subject to Display: Reframing Race in Contemporary Installation Art. Cambridge, MA: MIT, 2011.
9. Bishop, Claire, and Dan Perjovschi. Radical Museology: Or, Whats Contemporary in Museums of Contemporary Art? London: Koenig, 2014.